- unfamiliar system of government
- a complete loss of culture
- loss of land
- ownership in general
- a lack of respect for traditions
- enforced religious views
- risk of disease
- taxes imposed by the colonialists
- dominant class that comes with the colonial power
- the native people are considered savages and of no worth
whatsoever; therefore, lack of respect.
- living conditions drastically change because land gets taken
- native way of life is forcefully changed.
- In theory, Christian theology promotes equality and education
- The killing of twins is exposed as a primitive and horrific
practice and stopped in the name of the colonizers.
- The Evil Forest used as a depository for abnormalities.
- The way in which newborn and toddler deaths are dealt with and
the ways in which their cadavers are mutilated.
- the sexism and the violence with which women are treated.